Lubec, ME – Portsmouth, NH
Week One: 282 mi
Monday, Aug 1 – Lubec – Machias – Harrington, ME – 48.3 mile
- We will fly our flags at Quoddy Light House to begin our trip
- At lunch we are meeting with American Legion to honor our flags in a special wavyin Machias – We may stop in Historic Burham Tavern. This bay is was the first Naval skirmish with the British in the Revolutionary War.
- Down East Church is providing a night’s stay in the Blueberry Patch Inn. I will be right in the middle of Blueberry harvest.
Tuesday, Aug 2 – Harrington – Ellsworth – Bucksport, ME – 56.5
- We will fly our flags over historic Ft. Knox built to defend resources in Bangor during the Revolutionary War
Wednesday, Aug 3 – Bucksport – Belfast – Thomaston, ME – 48.7
- We start the day honoring our flags at the Bucksport Veterans Memorial
- Mid-day we plan to meet folks in the American Legion 43
- We finish the day with a photo at Owls Head Light House
Thursday, Aug 4 – Thomaston – Damariscotta – Brunswick, ME – 45
Friday, Aug 5 – Brunswick – Portland – Biddeford, ME – 44.8
Saturday, Aug 6 – Biddeford – Kennebunkport, ME – Portsmouth, NH – 39.1